Alness, Ross and Cromarty
From around 1884, the parish of Alness paid £2 a year for the rental of a property used as a parochial poorhouse or almshouse. It was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the new poorhouse, exact location unknown, was recorded as being able to house 2 men, 2 women, and 2 children.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Highland Archive Service, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5SS, Scotland.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.