In around 1900, Blairgowrie set up a parish poorhouse or almshouse. It was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the building, location undetermined, could accommodate up to 9 men or women, plus a matron and servant.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.