Culsalmond had established a parochial poorhouse or almshouse by the early 1870s. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The building was located around 1.5 miles to the east of the Kirkton of Culsalmond and consisted of a single-storey blocks, divided into two dwellings.
In 1904, the establishment had accommodation for 2 men, 2 women, and 2 children.
The building is understood no longer to exist.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.