Forgue parish council erected a parochial poorhouse in about 1864. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The premises comprised five houses, although their location is at present unknown.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.