According to the 1881 census, the parish of Kiltarlity was then operating at least four small poorhouses or almshouses which were administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as statutory poorhouses under the central Board of Supervision.
The first appears to have been at Camault Muir, in the vicinity of the Free Church Manse. The second was a little further to the south in the area of "Glaickbea" (now usually spelt as Glaichbea). The other two were to the south of Eskadale at "Knockcoille" (variously spelt as Knockchoille, Knockcholly, Knockkolly) and "Kineras" (Kinneras).
- 1881 Census - Camault Poorhouse
- 1881 Census - Glaichbea Poorhouse
- 1881 Census - Knockchoille Poorhouse
- 1881 Census - Kinerras Poorhouse
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Highland Archive Service, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5SS, Scotland.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.