From about 1879, the parish of Kinross operated a parish poorhouse or almshouse. It was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the establishment, location undetermined, could accommodate four men and four women under the care of a resident matron.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Perth and Kinross Council Archive, AK Bell Library, 2-8 York Place, Perth PH2 8EP.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.