Kintail, Ross and Cromarty
In about 1884, the parish of Kintail erected a parochial poorhouse or almshouse. It was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the poorhouse, exact location unknown, was recorded as being able to house 8 men or women.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Highland Archive Service, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5SS, Scotland.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.