In about 1864, the parish of Kirkhill erected a small poorhouse or almshouse which was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the property, location unknown, was recorded as being able to accommodate 6 persons or 6 families.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Highland Archive Service, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5SS, Scotland.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.