Leslie operated a parochial poorhouse from around 1867. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The poorhouse's exact location has yet to be identified although the 1881 census indicated it was in Duncanston. The premises were used "by arrangement with proprietor" and in 1904 could house two men and two women.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.