In about 1874, the parish of Logie purchased a property for use a parochial poorhouse or almshouse. It was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the poorhouse, location unknown, was recorded as being able to house four men and two women under the care of a matron.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Stirling Archives, 5 Borrowmeadow Road, Stirling FK7 7UW.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.