From around 1884, the parish of Marnoch had a small poorhouse or almshouse administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The property, location unknown, was leased for the purpose. In 1904 it could accommodate 4 men, 7 women, and 3 children, under the care of a matron.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.