Montrose, Angus (Forfarshire)
Montrose erected a parish poorhouse in around 1865 at the junction of Alfred Street and Railway Place. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the establishment had accommodation for 17 men and 22 women.
The building has now been converted for residential use.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Angus Archives, Hunter Library, Restenneth Priory, By Forfar DD8 2SZ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.