In around 1844, Oyne's parish council purchased a building for use as a parochial poorhouse or almshouse. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The premises were located about a mile to the west of the Oyne village, just south of the Bridge of Rettie.
In 1904, the establishment had accommodation for 18 inmates.
The building is understood no longer to exist.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.