Premnay had established a parochial poorhouse or almshouse by the mid 1860s. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The building was located just to the south of Auchleven and is identified as a poorhouse on both the Ordnance Survey first edition (approximately 1867) and second edition (approximately 1900) maps.
The building no longer exists.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.