St Cyrus, Aberdeenshire
St Cyrus operated a parish poorhouse or lodging house from at leaat the 1860s. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The property was located at the east side of St Cyrus village, in the vicinity of Long Row cottages. In 1881, eleven persons were in residence comprising the matrona nd her daughter plus nine paupers, of whom two were classed as "lunatic".
The building no longer exists.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.