In around 1874, the parish of Alvie erected a small poorhouse or almshouse which was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the property, location unknown, could house 4 men, 4 women, and 2 children under the care of an attendant.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Highland Archive Service, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5SS, Scotland.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.