Alyth had a "parochial house" or small parish poorhouse located on Springbank at the east of the village. The building was purchased by the Parochial Board in around 1850, and in the early 1900s could accommodate 7 men and 10 women, plus a matron and servant.
The building still exists, now converted to a private residence.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Perth and Kinross Council Archive, AK Bell Library, 2-8 York Place, Perth PH2 8EP.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.