Deskford had a parochial poorhouses by at least 1867. It administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The property was located about a mile to the west of the Kirktown of Deskford and is identified as a poorhouse on both the Ordnance Survey first edition (approximately 1867) and second edition (approximately 1904) maps.
Only the derelict remains of the building now survive.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.