Kinnethmont (Kennethmont), Aberdeenshire
The parochial board of Kinnethmont, or Kennethmont, erected a parish poorhouse or almshouse in around 1854. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The building was situated at the south side of Kinnethmont village.
In 1904, the establishment was recorded as having three rooms and a sick room.
The building is understood no longer to exist.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.