Kintore operated a parochial poorhouse or almshouse from the 1890s. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The poorhouse was located about a mile to the west of Kintore village and is identified as a poorhouse on the second edition Ordnance Survey map of 1901, but not on the first edition of 1869.
A much larger building now occupies the site.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.