From about 1869, Lochgoilhead had a parish almshouse financed by the parish's ratepayers. The establishments was located near the school at the centre of Lochgoilhead village and in 1904 accommodated sixteen residents plus an attendant.
The almshouse has now been demolished and modern housing stands on the site.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.